Koh Chang Must See and Do
The best things to see and do in Koh Chang
Koh Chang Nightlife
When the sun sets, the beaches come alive with music, bars, dancing, etc.
If you’re looking for a fun night out on Koh Chang, White Sand Beach and Lonely Beach are probably the best places to go to. These areas have a variety of beach bars and pubs. Most of them have music, and a couple on the beach have fire shows. Pool tables can be found at most bars. On the main road at the south end of White Sand Beach, at the bottom of the hill, there is a group of bars known as “Little Pattaya” that have even more friendly girls. But don’t look for a soapy massage on Koh Chang, you won’t find one.
Koh Chang Best Restaurants
When the sun goes down, many of the beach front hotels roll out tables on the beach and offer some excellent menu options. A couple of the restaurants have fire dancers on the beach while you dine.
- The White Sand Beach Restaurant – Located on the white sand beach, serves Thai and European foods.
- Chow Lay Seafood – The fisherman’s village in Bang Bao is the place to go to for the best seafood. Here you can expect the freshest catch of the day.
- Mankeyto Bar – An open air beer bar with great music. A very friendly staff and many pool tables. Located on the white sand beach.
- 15 Palms – Located on the white sand beach featuring cocktails and fruit smoothies. The restaurant has BBQ seafood menu items and a variety of children’s options. Click here for their website –> 15 Palms
- KC Bar – This place has a bar, dance floor, and tables on the beach. They play a variety of music that keeps the dance floor full most of the night.
Koh Chang Must See and Do
- Snorkeling & Diving – Nearly all the islands offer excursions for snorkeling and diving. Koh Chang is no exception.
- Rent a Motorbike – Koh Chang is a small island and you can see it all on a motorbike. An inexpensive option, but a lot of fun.
- Fisherman’s Village – Located in Bang Bao, there are many shops, restaurants, boat tours, etc. Most of the village stands above water where the houses and shops are connected together with bridges. The seafood restaurants feature very fresh seafood.
- Boat Tours – Several boat tours offer stops at several different small islands. Speed boats, fishing expeditions, snorkeling and diving are all available from these boat companies.
- Canoes and Kayaking – For a relaxing trip along the coastlines, try paddling canoes, which cost only 100 Baht an hour or about 500 Baht a day. Canoes can be found along the beaches and some resorts. Some resorts offer free kayaking for their guests.
- Hiking – The best hiking routes are in the southern half of the island since there are fewer roads. For those seeking more adventurous hikes, go inland to the steep and forested hills. Shorter hikes to waterfalls from their main entrances are becoming popular.
- Waterfalls – Apart from beaches, Koh Chang’s mountainous landscape of fertile rainforests and steep terrain create some scenic waterfalls. The following are frequently visited by tourists and locals. There are 5 waterfalls on Koh Chang island that you can hike to.
- Elephant Trekking – Of course, you can’t hardly go anywhere in Thailand without having the option of riding an elephant. Koh Chang is no different, however, the terrain of the island offer a different variety of treks.
Amazon Auto Links: the template could not be found. Try reselecting the template in the unit option page.